Thanks for nominating me Woven Eclipse! For all those of you who haven’t visited her blog yet- go now. It’s an awesome site with swag artwork and cooler poetry and short stories. Prepare to be amazed!
2. Five words that describe your writing?
Confused, Introspective, Tragic, Agnostic and Fictional
3. Literature / art / films you’d recommend?
LITERATURE: The Name of The Wind and Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss; The Young Elites by Marie Lu; Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa.
ART: (Manga) Skip Beat, Koe no Katachi, Haikyuu and Area no Kishi.
FILMS: Now You See Me; Pursuit of Happyness.
4. Images, symbols, and settings you associate with your work?
Wings- mostly broken wings o something to do with flight are almost always there in my poetry…. Settings- I don’t really have a particular setting as such. I don’t describe it often now that I think about it. Something to work on.
5. Themes / concepts you are hesitant to write about?
I’ll have to say romance. I never quite understood how to take up that topic.
6. What would you tell someone who’s nervous about starting out?
Honestly? Writing is something that shows your feelings.
Just don’t mind about other’s works and comments and don’t get daunted by them. Your style is yours alone and completely original.
Stick with it and things will work out. Being influenced by others is fine but copying is a definite no-no.
7. Three of your writings you’d recommend to people who’d like to know more about you?
8. What pushes you to keep writing?
Whenever I’m in a bad mood or sad, I just exaggerate my feelings and write them down. So, I suppose daily life is my motivation…
Also, authors like Patrick Rothfuss and even Woven Eclipse always make me feel like pursuing writing. To be in the same game as them… that’s motivation enough!